Yes - Your bike can ride too!
Friendly Rider is bike friendly too! Most of our buses are equipped with a bike rack on the front that can hold two bikes.
Our bike racks are able to transport single-seat two-wheeled bikes, folding bikes, and recumbent bikes the size of a standard bike. Unfortunately, Fat Wheel Tire bikes are not able to fit on the front bike racks.
Tips for Loading and Unloading your bike
- Make sure the bus stops completely and the driver acknowledges you before you step in front of the bus. Never approach a stopped bus from the street side, as you cannot safely determine when a driver is about to leave a stop.
- Squeeze the handle on the top of the rack and lower it. Place your bike in the rack and place the bar over your front wheel (as close to the frame as possible).
- Remove any loose items or valuables from your bike, including panniers. Board the bus and pay your fare.
- Exit through the main door and let the driver know that you have a bike to remove. Never step in front of the bus until you are sure the driver sees you.
- Remove your bike and fold up the rack if it is empty.
- Go to the nearest curbside. Never cross in front of the bus, as passing traffic cannot see you.