Price depends on the distance of your trip. For an up-to-date price list for cash, tickets, and passes, please see our How Much? section on the Ride the Bus page.
We want everyone’s ride to be as safe and comfortable as possible. Here’s a list of commonly asked about items:
- Wheeled carts/totes: Two-wheel shopping carts are allowed on board, but must be within these maximum dimensions: 18-by-18 inches and 30 inches high (excluding wheels and handles).
- Strollers: We recommend using a folding “umbrella” style stroller. Large and double-wide strollers are not practical for use on Friendly Rider. Strollers must be folded on a bus and must not block the aisle, stairs or doorway.
- Luggage/bags/backpacks/packages: You are welcome to bring bags and packages with you, but make sure they don't block the aisle, stairs, or doorway.
- Mobility devices: The power lifts on buses can hold wheelchairs and scooters up to 30 inches wide and 48 inches long, weighing up to 600 pounds when occupied.
- Bikes: Only single-seat two-wheeled bikes, folding bikes, and recumbents the size of a standard bike are allowed. Fat Wheel Tire bikes will not fit on the front bike racks.
- Food/drinks: Eating is not allowed on Friendly Rider, but you can bring food and drinks on board in closed containers.
Yes - small pets may be brought on the bus in a pet carrier and be kept in its carrier the entire trip. This rule does not apply to registered service animals.
Depending on the bus' occupancy, your pet carrier may need to be on your lap or on the floor in front of you. You may not block the aisle or use the priority seating area in the front of the bus. Please use this information to decide whether you wish to bring your pet with you.
Yes! We work with many businesses, organizations, schools, and daycares to provide group transportation and special outings. Please see our Groups page for more information.